Date Added: 12 June 2018
: 28 June 2018
Job Title: Junior Secretary
Working For: Mary Creagh MP (Wakefield)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales and dependent on experience
Mary Creagh MP is looking for a Junior Secretary to work full-time or part-time in her office in Wakefield.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including a good telephone manner,
- Experience of working and dealing with the general public
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a busy team
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to prioritise a demanding workload, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour Party
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Office reception duties: answering the telephone, opening and dispatching post
- Administrative duties including printing, photocopying, filing and record-keeping
- Diary management
- Attending surgeries and other meetings as and when required
- Organising events in the constituency
- Assisting the Senior Caseworker in the timely management and progression of casework
- Liaising with government departments and agencies, voluntary sector and other organisations to help resolve cases
- Retaining records and information confidentially, and in line with the Data Protection Act
- Some out of hours work at evenings and weekends
- Additional duties as required
Find our more about Mary's work on her website (www.marycreagh.com), Facebook (www.facebook.com/marycreaghwakefield) or Twitter (www.twitter.com/marycreaghmp).
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 28 June 2018
Candidates should be available for interview in Wakefield on Friday 6th July.
Applications must be received by 1pm.
Applicants should post a copy of their CV (no more than two pages) and a one page covering letter to Michelle Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hard copies can be sent to Michelle Robinson c/o Mary Creagh MP, 20-22 Cheapside, Wakefield, WF1 2TF.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of responses, we will only contact shortlisted candidates.