Date Added: 12 June 2018
: 29 June 2018
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Steve Reed MP (Croydon North)
Salary: £21,960-£31,500 [in line with IPSA payscales]
Steve Reed, MP for Croydon North, is looking for a highly-motivated caseworker, to support the work of his busy Thornton Heath constituency office.
The successful applicant will have experience in a similar role and must possess the ability to manage a large workload. The role will be full-time and is based in the constituency office.
- manage caseload and ensure all cases are dealt with in a swift, sensitive and confidential manner
- deal with daily queries from constituents by phone or in person, taking the appropriate action to resolve, document or escalate their concerns or enquiries
- ensure all cases are logged, monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- draft responses and respond to constituents on any issues raised on behalf of the Member of Parliament
- gather relevant information to resolve or progress cases
- liaise with Government agencies, the voluntary sector and others to resolve constituency matters
- maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant guidelines/legislation as appropriate in dealing with casework
- attend advice surgeries and meetings as appropriate
- ensure accurate records are kept and information managed in line with the principles of General Data Protection Regulation [GDPR] and the Data Protection Act
- analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure the MP is accurately informed on key issues and is aware of trends
- Empathetic, tacful and sensitive in dealing with constituents' enquiries, with an ability to prioritise and gatekeep effectively
- able to work effectively as part of a busy team
- excellent verbal and written communication skills and confident interacting with people at all levels
- ability to prioritise a demanding workload and attention to detail
- sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 29 June 2018
Interviews will be held in the constituency office on Friday, 6th July.
Please send a short covering letter and a CV of no more than two sides of A4 to email@example.com All applications will be acknowledged by email but due to the anticipated high number of responses it will not be possible to inform unsuccessful applicants of the outcome.