Date Added: 13 June 2018
: 10 July 2018
Job Title: Public Relations Manager
Working For: JustGiving
Salary: Competitive (6 Month Contract)
We are looking for PR Manager to join their small, agile in-house communications team on an initial 6-month contract. You will use your top-notch communications skills and vast media knowledge to shine a light on some of the amazing things that are achieved in and around the JustGiving community: in the press, to stakeholders and to the wider public.
We see you being a news and current affairs addict with an eye for highlighting must-read stories. You will become an advocate for analytics, understanding the value of measurement and how to draw insights for future campaigns.
About the role
- Surfacing the most powerful, inspirational stories on our platform and gaining meaningful press coverage around them
- Identifying and developing bigger narratives about the impact of the JustGiving community
- Hijacking and driving the news agenda to win coverage in major traditional & digital media outlets
- Working with the Director of Communications to develop thought leadership campaigns to assert JustGiving as the market-leader in the minds of politicians, stakeholders and the public at large
- Working with JustGiving’s PR agencies to maximise opportunities in the media
- From a background in journalism, communications or politics with the ability to understand the media and how to harness it, both in traditional and online outlets
- A social media and news junkie adept at finding must-read stories, interested in experimenting to find innovative ways to present them to an audience
- Cool under pressure with the ability to always maintain the values of JustGiving when dealing with extraordinary circumstances/crises
- Confident in giving advice to senior staff at all levels
- Compassionate and empathetic, able to tell extremely emotional and empowering stories
- A strong, adaptable writing style that understands how to speak to varying audiences while maintaining JustGiving’s unique voice
- An ability to work in a strong (and quite vocal!) team of cross-functional marketeers while also capable of getting on with work solo
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to confidently deputise for senior staff in high-level meetings
- An ability to dig into data to create interesting and compelling insights and data-driven coverage
Closing Date: 10 July 2018
If this sounds like you, please send us your CV & covering letter. Alternatively send us something else – whatever you think will catch our eye and demonstrate your technical proficiency, creative flair, literary prowess or belief in our cause. Impress us. Stand out.
Step up. Join in. Make things happen.