Date Added: 13 June 2018
: 2 July 2018
Job Title: Corporate Affairs Officer
Working For: City of London Corporation
Salary: £33,390 p.a. inclusive with the potential to rise to £37,800 depending on experience and performance
The City of London Corporation works to enhance the competitiveness of the City, and provides local government for the City of London – the Square Mile. A fundamental component is supporting and promoting London as the world’s leading international financial and business centre and contributing to the success of London as a place to live and work.
The Corporate Affairs officer will participate to the development and implementation of the corporate affairs strategy of the City Corporation and ensure that strategic political aims of the City of London Corporation are met.
You will work collaboratively across departments to inform our engagement strategy with national policy makers. You will plan, organise and successfully deliver events, in particular at party political conferences. You will coordinate the City of London Corporation’s engagement with key stakeholders, think tanks and political figures and work collaboratively to seize opportunities for engagement with Government, Parliament and the Regions.
To achieve these objectives you will have:
- A thorough understanding of the UK political and policy making environment, at both a national level and in London government.
- Experience of organising high profile events involving senior politicians and business representatives
- Experience of engaging and working with internal and external stakeholders, including VIP and senior level, to further organisational strategic aims
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and manage many different tasks at once, at a fast pace.
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to write concise and engaging briefings for principal spokespeople and maintain clear, confident and consistent corporate messaging.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in order to advise and brief senior internal and external contacts on Corporation policies, strategic activities and projects.
- This will be an excellent opportunity to work strategically, with high level leaders across the City and in government.
The post is politically restricted
The City of London Corporation is committed to Equal Opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Closing Date: 2 July 2018
Interviews scheduled for Monday 9 July pm and Wednesday 11 July am.
Closing time 12 noon.
To apply, please visit www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/jobs
Alternatively, please contact 020 7332 3978 (24hr answerphone) quoting the reference number TC589. A minicom service for the hearing impaired is available on 020 7332 3732.