Date Added: 13 June 2018
: 6 July 2018
Job Title: Intern / Consultant
Working For: WPI Economics
Salary: Intern: £10.20 p/h (London Living Wage) / Consultant: up to £30,000
Who are we?
WPI Economics is a specialist economics and public policy consultancy. We work with a range of clients, including major FTSE firms, national and local charities and central and local government. All of our work is focussed on using economics, research and political insight to make an impact on policy.
What is the opportunity?
We are expanding quickly and looking for the right people to join our team. A number of opportunities exist, including Intern and Consultant positions. This means that we will fit the role responsibilities around the skills, experience and ambitions of the successful candidates.
What are the responsibilities?
As a small team of six, we all cover a range of different areas of work. The responsibilities of successful candidates will be shaped around their skills, experience and ambitions, but examples of our day-to-day work include:
- Conducting literature reviews and data analysis;
- Producing detailed policy reports and briefing materials;
- Building models to understand the potential impacts of policy change;
- Engaging with senior business leaders, politicians and civil servants across the UK;
- Speaking at roundtable and public events to promote our work and inform debate; and
- Designing engaging social media content to make an impact with our work.
- Research skills.
- Quantitative skills. In particular, experience or ambition to learn data analysis and modelling skills using Excel and / or other analysis packages (e.g. STATA, R, Tableau).
- Oral and written communication skills.
- An interest in UK policy debates.
- Political awareness.
- Experience of working with large-scale survey data (e.g. Labour Force Survey, Understanding Society) and / or Government datasets such as Stat-Xplore and NOMIS.
- Experience of (or ambition to gain experience in) creating data visualisations and interactive data dashboards using packages such as Tableau.
Our most recent intern was accepted onto the Civil Service Fast Stream programme. You can see what others have thought of working at WPI Economics here: http://wpieconomics.com/testimonials/
Equal opportunities, diversity and flexible working
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity. We are also happy to discuss flexible working arrangements.
Closing Date: 6 July 2018
The interview process will consist of a phone interview followed by an in-person interview.
We intend to hold phone interviews in early July, with in-person interviews in late July / early August. The successful applicant(s) will start in September.
We may appoint before the closing date.
Please send a CV and covering letter indicating why you are interested in the role and your relevant skills and experience to Jamie Thunder at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any queries should also be directed to this address.
Please note a fuller version of this advert is available here: http://wpieconomics.com/people/careers/
We will acknowledge receipt of all applications, but may be unable to inform unsuccessful applicants who do not progress to the interview stage.