Date Added: 18 June 2018
: 15 July 2018
Job Title: Communications and Outreach Assistant
Working For: Unlock Democracy
Salary: £21,742 (pro rata), 4 days per week
Unlock Democracy campaigns for a vibrant, inclusive democracy that puts power in the hands of the people. We are a grassroots organisation, owned and run by our members. We are seeking an enthusiastic Communications and Outreach Assistant with a passion for politics to join our team.
The successful candidate will be spending a lot of time talking to our current supporters and getting new activists on board. That means you’ll need to be a confident communicator who is good with people. You’ll also have experience organising activities - whether that’s events or campaigns, in your community or at university. The successful candidate will also be supporting the growth of Unlock Democracy’s digital profile, and creating visually exciting materials. So we’re looking for someone can demonstrate they’ve produced a wide range of content for social media platforms, and who can write for a wide range of audiences.
This role is perfect for someone who is looking to step up and take the lead on projects. As a small team we’re looking for someone who is highly organised and can bring their own ideas to the table and roll with them. But as a small team we also need all hands on deck, so you’ll be someone that is happy to muck in and help on a wide range of tasks across the organisation.
As the Communications and Outreach Assistant, you will:
- Build relationships with our supporters, and test out a number of new ways to inspire people to take action with us.
- Organise supporter-focussed activities such as events and focus groups
- Create attention-grabbing content for our social media platforms, such as infographics, memes, or short videos
- Grow our digital profile by organising a programme of Facebook Lives, podcasts, and videos
- Produce a wide range of written content including website copy, supporter emails, and blogs
- Organise calling sessions to reach out to our donors and supporters
- Lead on daily media and political monitoring
- Support on administrative tasks, including data entry and responding to supporter and members’ queries
For more information please go to http://www.unlockdemocracy.org/communications-and-outreach-assistant/?rq=communications%20and%20outreach%20assistant
This post is for 6 months at 4 days per week.
Closing Date: 15 July 2018
The deadline for applications is 23:59.
Interviews will be held on 1 August
To apply please visit our website:
We strongly reccommend you read the guidance notes before completing your application form.
Unfortunately the number of applications we receive means we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates.