Date Added: 18 June 2018
: 16 July 2018
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: James Morris MP (Halesowen and Rowley Regis)
Location: Halesowen, West Midlands
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
James Morris MP has an opportunity for a caseworker (Executive 1) to join his constituency office team based in Halesowen, West Midlands.
The role will be office based within the Halesowen & Rowley Regis constituency.
Working with Office Manager, the role will focus on constituency casework and will involve dealing directly with written correspondence to and from constituents as well as corresponding with other involved agencies. A high standard of written English and strong people skills are essential to this role.
The successful candidate will have the following:
• Experience of handling casework or sensitive correspondence in Parliament, the Civil Service or a third sector role would be advantageous.
• Ability to carry out tasks quickly and to a high standard, with a clear and concise written style.
• A reasonable knowledge of key social policy issues: welfare benefits, immigration, housing and health.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Good organisational skills.
• Strong IT skills.
• A methodical approach to record keeping.
• Keen interest in current affairs.
The job description includes, but is not limited to:
• Corresponding with constituents on personal casework and policy matters.
• Providing information, advice and support for individuals on a range of issues including immigration, housing, benefits and other social issues.
• Liaising with government agencies, the voluntary sector and others to resolve problems.
• Communicating with constituents clearly and sensitively over the telephone.
• Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of relevant guidelines/legislation as appropriate.
• Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of local issues and how they may affect residents.
• Ensuring cases are dealt with in a timely and confidential manner, adhering to the Data Protection Act.
• Competent use of IT including casework management systems, Microsoft Office packages, email and internet to support the above.
• Assist with the work of other team members as required.
Candidates should be sympathetic to the Conservative Party aims and policies.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 16 July 2018
Beginning of September with interviews taking place shortly after the closing date
Please apply with a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Samantha.email@example.com with the subject "Caseworker Application".
Please note we will only acknowledge successful applications.