Date Added: 18 June 2018
: 12 July 2018
Job Title: Constituency and Administrative Support Officer
Working For: Chris Elmore MP (Ogmore)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Fixed term contract for 6 months (part time), with possibility of extension.
Chris Elmore, MP for Ogmore, is looking for a Constituency and Administrative Support Officer to join his team in the Constituency Office for 2.5 days per week.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports
• Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure the Member is accurately informed on key issues and is aware of trends
• Attending constituency meetings as appropriate
• Dealing with standard queries from members of the public
• Draft responses to constituents
• Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases
• Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
• Research local, regional or national issues to support the Member’s work
• Manage and monitor incoming calls and enquires
• Opening and dispatching mail
• Photocopying, filing, record-keeping and typing correspondence
• Providing administrative support in relation to MP’s expense scheme
• Responding to enquiries by telephone and email, passing on enquiries to other team member/MP as appropriate
• Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
The following skills are essential:
• The ability to organise with excellent attention to detail
• A good telephone manner
• Strong writing skills
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 12 July 2018
Interview date tbc. Start date: 03/09/2018
Please send CV and a brief covering letter to Carys Price, Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading ‘Application for Constituency & Admin Support Officer’.