Date Added: 19 June 2018
: 31 July 2018
Job Title: Policy Advisors - EU Withdrawal - 12 month fixed term contract
Working For: The Financial Conduct Authority
"We are treating Brexit as a high priority and will do our utmost to make it work in the interests of the people of this country." (Andrew Bailey, CEO, February 2018)
We are currently looking for talented people to work as Policy Advisors (Senior Associate) on a 12-month fixed term contract at the FCA in London or Edinburgh.
This is a really exciting opportunity for you to work for us in a key period for financial services. You will help us make important choices on the FCA's preparation for the UK's withdrawal from the EU, and influence our future direction.
If we hire you as a Policy Advisor, you will be expected to:
- Manage, coordinate and deliver high quality policy work, using technical knowledge and project management skills.
- Develop excellent working relationships across the organisation, working flexibly with them to identify, examine and solve issues.
- Represent the FCA externally with government departments like HM Treasury, industry participants and other regulators.
Experience of writing policy or experience of coordinating and directing on policy work
- Excellent organisational skills, delivering multiple tasks under pressure
- An understanding of the FCA's role in UK financial services, and how we make rules and guidance.
- The ability to build and manage relationships confidently with our stakeholders
- Confident oral communication skills
- A flexible, proactive, can-do approach and excellent team-working
- Technical policy knowledge and experience of the sectors we regulate
- Understanding of the political environment we operate in
Closing Date: 31 July 2018
If you're successful in moving to the next stage, you'll have first stage telephone interviews with one of our hiring managers. If that goes well, we'll invite you back for a final interview.
For more details and to apply: