Date Added: 21 June 2018
: 19 July 2018
Job Title: Deputy Head of Incumbency
Working For: Conservative Campaign Headquarters
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Incumbency team in the Campaign Department of Conservative Campaign Headquarters.
The successful candidate will work under the direction of the Deputy Director of Campaigning and will primarily concentrate on the engagement of elected politicians in campaigning initiatives at a local and national level.
The successful applicant will be someone enthusiastic and ambitious, who thrives on a wide-range of competing challenges. This is a hands on strategic and operational role.
The varied role of Deputy Head of incumbency includes responsibility for the following:
- Supporting and assisting MPs, and Elected Mayors in their campaigning activity
- Communicating best practice in campaigning
- Working with groups of MPs, and Elected Mayors to produce politically relevant community engagement campaigns
- To ensure a good communication between internal stakeholders
- Production of the Monthly Incumbency bulletin and templates
This role requires someone who has the following skills and abilities:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to forge relationships
- An exceptional campaigner with a depth of experience and understanding of all aspects of campaigning.
- Excellent organisational skills
- A strong understanding of Parliament, its structure and its role of Parliamentarians and their role in establishing incumbency campaigning.
- Strong written skills and attention to detail
- Please note political and campaigning priorities can change quickly, so working hours will of necessity be varied and flexible
Closing Date: 19 July 2018
If you have the skills and track record required to succeed in this role, please send a CV and covering letter. Please submit this to email@example.com or send to Human Resources Department, CCHQ, 4 Matthew Parker Street, London SW1H 9HQ by Thursday 19th July 2018 at the latest (early applications are welcome).