Date Added: 22 June 2018
: 16 July 2018
Job Title: Local Government HMD Officer
Working For: Holocaust Memorial Day Trust
Salary: £29,504 per annum
Location Vauxhall, SE1
Annual leave 25 days per annum
Hours 35 hours per week (part time may be considered for the right candidate)
Office hours 9am – 5pm, Monday-Friday with some flexibility
Occasional hours outside of these will be necessary for which TOIL will be granted
We are an equal opportunities employer and pride ourselves on working with a diverse team.
Job Purpose and Role
Increase the number of Holocaust Memorial Day (HMD) activities organised or supported by local government. Support new and existing community organisers/organisations to hold HMD activities.
- Maximise the reach and impact of HMD activities organised or supported by local government
- Establish and maintain relationships with relevant local government representatives
- Develop, deliver and evaluate a plan and programme of work for optimising local government HMD activities
- Capture, record and analyse local government and community organisation data about HMD activities
- Identify opportunities for maximising future activities and impact
- Produce reports, including for specific projects with financial and statistical data about activities undertaken, and present to colleagues and Trustees.
- Work closely with colleagues in HMDT and contribute to cross-departmental activities
- Contribute to supporting new and existing HMD activity organisers
- Experience of working with local government to achieve specific goals and outcomes
- Relationship building, networking and influencing skills
- Plans and organises own work and manages own time under pressure
- Experience of data handling, analysis and reporting
- Uses initiative to get things done and achieve organisational goals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and team player
- Understanding of the charitable sector and its links to local government
This job description is a guide to the main responsibilities of the role, not as an exhaustive list of duties and tasks. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties appropriate to the grade that are not listed above. HMDT examines and updates job descriptions periodically to ensure they relate to the role being performed.
Closing Date: 16 July 2018
Closing date is 09:00 am.
Interviews will take place the week beginning 23 July 2018
Start dates will be dependant upon the notice of the successful candidate.
To apply for this role please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The cover letter should address why you are interested in the role and all of the points in the person specification.