Date Added: 25 June 2018
: 16 July 2018
Job Title: Senior Policy & Public Affairs Executive
Working For: VisitBritain/VisitEngland
Salary: Up to £33,000 p/a
VisitBritain/VisitEngland is a statutory body reporting to the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport and works to increase and support overseas visitors and domestic visitors across Britain.
The tourism economy is worth £127bn annually, and supports around 3m jobs in every single local authority making it one of the most valuable and successful industries in the UK.
This role will help to support the policy work of the organisation. Working in a small team, the successful candidate will undertake research, help develop policy initiatives and work across a variety of different stakeholder groups, both from the tourism industry and the political world to inform the work of the organisation.
The successful candidate will ideally have the following elements:
• Degree level or equivalent.
• Knowledge of political/public affairs.
• Ability to identify impediments and constraints which affect the competitiveness of Great Britain as a destination.
• Ability to marshal arguments and write a short and compelling brief
• Full understanding of the regulatory framework affecting private and public sector tourism organisations.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Good team player, able to work with peers on joint objectives. Able to work with stakeholders to achieve consensus.
• Clear, concise thinker and writer.
• Enthusiastic and persuasive communicator and presenter with good PowerPoint skills.
The position sits within the Strategy and Communications division, alongside research, evaluation, media and communications. Knowledge of the devolved settlements across the UK is important.
Closing Date: 16 July 2018
Interviews will take place in central London shortly after the closing date.
Please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org