Date Added: 26 June 2018
: 20 July 2018
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Working For: All-Party Parliamentary Group on General Aviation
Salary: Dependent on experience
This role requires an enthusiastic individual to support and develop the work of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on General Aviation.
This is a full-time role based in Parliament. The applicant should be a motivated individual with an interest in politics and strong team-working skills. This role is ideal for someone looking to begin a career in politics, policy or the third sector.
• Provide administrative support to the all-party group, including drafting correspondence to ministers and external organisations
• Promote the agenda of the Group by contributing to parliamentary questions, tabling debates, writing letters and other activity on issues related to the agenda of the APPG
• Assist with efforts to expand the reach and increase awareness of the all-party group’s aims and objectives, both in Parliament and externally
• Undertake research from readily available sources
• Provide support with the all-party group’s social media and press activity
Candidates should possess:
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills
• Initiative, the ability to work unsupervised, and a willingness to work hard and learn
• Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise
• Knowledge of the political process
• Experience of working in a busy office environment, ideally (though not necessarily) within Parliament.
This will be a 12 month fixed-term appointment with a strong likelihood of extension.
Closing Date: 20 July 2018
Interviews will be held week commencing Monday 2nd August. An appointment may be made before the closing date if the right candidate is identified sooner.
Please send a CV and covering letter to Ellis Turrell: Ellis@GeneralAviationAPPG.uk