Date Added: 27 June 2018
: 31 July 2018
Job Title: Account Executive (Corporate)
Working For: Portland Communications
Company Description: Portland is an international communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organisations, governments and individuals in the world with offices in Washington DC, New York, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
The Team: Our team brings together experience from the highest levels of the media, politics, and campaigning to work with global markets, challenger brands, NGOs, individuals and industry bodies.
Our journalistic expertise means we know how to spot and hone a story.
The Role: We are looking for an Account Executive to work for prestigious clients across both public affairs and corporate communications.
The individual will require a good understanding of UK politics and the media.
- Helping to coordinate and manage relationships with key clients
- Helping to devise and manage proactive and reactive media engagement strategies
- Monitoring political debates and major news announcements
- Drafting a range of materials from press releases and opinion articles to political briefings and stakeholder letters
- Supporting and, where necessary, coordinating and managing media sell-ins
- Helping to organise and coordinate events, press conferences, photo calls, and political or media contact programmes
- Where necessary, participating in pitches and suggesting new lines of potential business
- Undertaking ad-hoc research to support new business proposals and pitches
What we offer in return:
- We are committed to employee development and have an open doors culture where you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business. We regularly reward and promote success, and actively encourage staff to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression.
- In addition, every permanent member of staff that works at Portland is eligible for our industry leading quarterly bonus scheme and annual profit share. When Portland thrives, all of our people share in that success.
Closing Date: 31 July 2018
Start date ASAP.
Please note that we may appoint before the closing date.
To apply for this role please apply through our website using the link below:
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not possible to respond to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. The length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. The process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.