Date Added: 28 June 2018
: 20 July 2018
Job Title: Communications Manager
Working For: Henry Jackson Society
Salary: £33,000 - £40,000
The Henry Jackson Society is a think tank and policy-shaping force that fights for the principles and alliances which keep societies free – working across borders and party lines to combat extremism, advance democracy and real human rights, and make a stand in an increasingly uncertain world.
The Communications Manager is a key member of the operations team. Working closely with both the Policy Relations Manager and the management team, the Communications Manager will divide their time equally between digital communications, corporate and marketing communications, and building relationships with the media to promote the organisations output.
- Managing HJS’s media and external communication, monitoring media in line with HJS’s remit, writing press releases and website copy, identifying new media channels and helping establish thought leadership in its areas of work.
- To assist with the management and extension of HJS’s network of influencers and media contacts, developing a structured approach to acquiring new and relevant media relationships, maintaining a database of journalists and managing key processes
- To work with colleagues in identifying key publication opportunities for HJS issues within the policy domain and work with policy specialists to exploit these to best effect
- To work with colleagues to produce effective material aimed at TV producers and lead on proactively acquiring opportunities for HJS staff to appear on TV.
- To work with the events team to develop and expand HJS’s presence at events and conferences.
- Assist the Parliamentary Affairs manager with political events.
- To ensure all events and time-sensitive work is covered by way of social media to ensure no opportunity to promote HJS is missed.
- To deliver, create, communications templates requiring elements of design, formatting and management of brand standards and consistency.
- To assist with the design and publication of HJS printed and published content.
- To manage and develop the websites, social media, media outreach and marketing components of HJS and its projects.
- To lead on design and video/audio editing within the organisation, producing a range of marketing material and publications using your graphic design and editing skills.
Read the full job description: Communications Manager
Closing Date: 20 July 2018
To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter, together with salary expectations, to Dr Alan Mendoza at firstname.lastname@example.org