Date Added: 29 June 2018
: 13 July 2018
Job Title: Secretary/Caseworker
Working For: Michelle Donelan MP (Chippenham)
Salary: IPSA pay scales
Michelle Donelan MP is looking to hire a new team member to support her extensive constituency work. The successful candidate will require flexibility to work as part of a busy team and around an MPs schedule, be innovative in their approach and have a genuine passion for helping people. The role will be focused on the management of constituency casework as well as managing the MPs diary, constituency visits and correspondence.
The position will suit a dynamic individual with some of the duties required including:
• Dealing with general public enquiries
• Dealing with casework effectively and efficiently and investigating and responding to issues raised through correspondence, telephone calls, emails and surgeries
• Organising and managing weekly MP drop in and surgery events
• Maintaining the casework tracking system and ensuring it’s up to date with regular briefings to the MP
• Typing of correspondence and reports as required
• Providing information, advice and support to individuals on a range of local and national issues
• Liaising with government agencies, the voluntary sector and others to resolve problems
• Assisting with office administration as required
• Attending meetings and constituency visits, including constituency surgeries, with the MP
• Managing the MP constituency diary ensuring details of visits are maintained and events scheduled
• Providing ‘front of house’ meeting and assistance to constituents visiting the office
• Identifying forthcoming events which may provide potential media opportunities
• Ensuring compliance with GDPR and the office strict confidentiality policy.
Essential knowledge and experience
• Working with the public/customer service.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office;
• Good presentation and organisational skills;
• Ability to manage workload to strict deadlines.
*Full UK driving licence a must*
Desirable knowledge and experience
• Knowledge of local political issues and concerns;
• Previous casework or advisory role.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 13 July 2018
Interviews will be held in Chippenham at the end of July.
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org