Date Added: 30 June 2018
: 13 July 2018
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: John Woodcock MP
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
John is looking for a full-time parliamentary assistant to assist in his Westminster office. We are looking for someone who is extremely organised and a self-starter. The ideal candidate will have experience of advising on policy issues, working with elected representatives, or working in parliament.
The successful applicant will:
- Ensure the smooth running of a busy office.
- Take overall responsibility for organising John’s Westminster diary, arranging and co-ordinating meetings and administering complex travel arrangements.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of parliamentary business and procedure.
- Write parliamentary questions, early day motions, applications for Urgent Questions, and applications for debates.
- Organise and manage events in parliament for MPs and stakeholders on a range of issues, for example defence and foreign affairs.
- Ensure John is fully briefed at all times and supplied with relevant research papers.
- Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure John is accurately informed on key issues.
- Assist with generating and updating John’s website and Facebook page with parliamentary and constituency stories, pictures, and campaign information across a range of social media platforms, including the use of video editing software.
- Draft press releases – often against tight deadlines, and compose letters for dispatch to a wide circle of recipients, including government ministers and secretaries of state.
- Work quickly and efficiently to tight deadlines and prioritise effectively.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 13 July 2018
Must be available for interview 18th, 19th and 20th July 2018
For enquiries or to apply please send a CV and a covering letter to email@example.com