Date Added: 2 July 2018
: 28 July 2018
Job Title: Campaign Organiser
Working For: Taunton Deane Liberal Democrats
Salary: Salary to be agreed. Part time becoming full time
The Liberal Democrats have a sizeable group of councillors on Taunton District Council providing effective opposition to the Conservative-led administration. There are crucial district elections in May 2019 where the Liberal Democrats will be seeking to grow their representation on the District Council.
We are looking to appoint a Campaign Organiser, who must be sympathetic to the aims and values of the LibDems, to work in our office at least until the local elections in May 2019. The successful candidate will be expected to oversee and manage the campaign plan for the Borough Council elections and any by-elections that may arise during this time, right through from approval of candidates to election day. This will involve the production of campaign materials, the organisation of the campaign plan, the recruitment and management of volunteer activists and close working with candidates. This is a varied role involving numerous challenging and changing tasks and deadlines, taking on whatever needs to be done in an active campaign. The hours will also be varied and will involve some Saturday and evening work.
This job will start as part time increasing to full time.
The work of Campaign Organiser includes:
- Preparation of campaign material using literature, website, social media.
- Building relationships with local press, radio and other organisations to maintain the libdem presence.
- Planning and participating in a programme of action days, canvassing, delivering leaflets and contacting by telephone.
- Maintaining and use of various databases.
- Recruiting, training and working with volunteers to build campaign teams.
- Attendance at meetings of various committees to ensure the campaign plan delivers on target and within budget.
- Undertaking training and self-training in the various software and other systems already in use and in turn sharing these skills with volunteer team members.
- Good clear writing skills and ability to prepare attractive campaign literature.
- Good interpersonal skills,
- Able to work under pressure and adapt at short notice.
- Confidence in using social media
- Good organisational and office management skills with ability to prioritise to meet deadlines.
Closing Date: 28 July 2018
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.