Date Added: 2 July 2018
: 16 July 2018
Job Title: Office Manager
Working For: Tan Dhesi MP (Slough)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Tan Dhesi MP is seeking an exceptional individual to manage his Westminster and Slough offices. The ideal candidate would work in Westminster Mondays to Thursdays, and the constituency on Fridays and several days during recess. Applicant must be able to lead a committed, dynamic and supportive team in the range of issues they are pursuing on behalf of the people of Slough.
This role is key to the structure of the office. Strong people and task management skills are essential, genuine commitment to the constituency and willingness to invest time in the constituency as well as in-depth knowledge of the national political environment.
Applicants will need previous experience of working for a Member of Parliament at a similar level, a willingness to work irregular hours on exceptional occasions and a commitment to the aims and values of the Labour Party.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing a range of administrative and secretarial support
- Ensuring the MP is accurately informed on key issues in the constituency
- Dealing with complex queries and issues on the MP’s behalf, including drafting letters
- Responsibility for all aspects of the office budget, liaising with IPSA and using the IPSA accounts system
- Liaising with groups/organisations and the general public in Westminster and within the constituency on the MP's behalf as necessary
- Managing the office team, ensuring accurate records are kept
- Overall management of the MP's diary commitments
- Strategic oversight of office management, delegating tasks and overseeing administrative systems
- Assistance during regular afternoon/evening advice surgeries
- Drafting and submitting written and oral parliamentary questions
- Liaising with local press and media and maintenance of the website
- Taking the lead on initiating and managing community projects
Applicants should have
- Extensive experience of working within a parliamentary office.
- Experience of managing budgets and using appropriate online accounting system.
- Experience of working with a wide range of people with complex demands.
- Excellent administration skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience of managing projects.
- Support for the aims and values of the Labour Party
- Available to work some evenings/weekends
- Experience of working with the media
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 16 July 2018
Please send CV and covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org