Date Added: 2 July 2018
: 13 July 2018
Job Title: Policy and Research Manager (Temp)
Working For: a client of Michael Page
Salary: circa £40,000 (pro rata)
Our client is seeking an interim Policy and Research Manager to be responsible for successful development and delivery of our policy positions, as well as effective commissioning and dissemination of research for policy impact and raising public profile.
• Oversee the, development, implementation and evaluation of our client’s UK-wide policy
• developing, drafting and delivering research proposals and commissioning external research
• Develop strong networks and relationship building with external bodies such as government departments, think tanks, research and disabled people’s organisation and others; to strengthen our influencing role and be a thought leader in the sector
• Contribute towards the leadership of the Policy and Research Team including delegated aspects of performance management, management of respective budgets, and the delivery of high quality, timely policy work.
• Be an active member of the Policy and Campaigns Team Management Team, offering regular advice and guidance about the wider team’s strategic direction, priorities and delivery and be jointly responsible for the team’s delivery and development.
• Ensure disabled people are always at the heart of research, policy development and wider influencing work.
• Highly motivated individual able to work collaboratively across teams, or individually to deliver results
• Demonstrable experience of developing and influencing policy which has successfully shaped national and/or local legislation, policy or practice.
• Demonstrable experience of using and communicating policy research for impactful campaigns.
• Demonstrable experience of involving end users in the co-creation and development of policy.
• Good understanding or demonstrable experience of the workings of Government and Whitehall
• Demonstrable line management and staff development experience.
Closing Date: 13 July 2018
Looking for immediately available candidates, interviews will take place as and when suitable candidates are found.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV to Sarah Smith firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please call 020 7269 2484.
Due to the high volume of applicants expected, we regretfully might not be able to reply to all applications. If you have not heard within 7 days, we're afraid to say that you have not been shortlisted for the role.