Date Added: 2 July 2018
: 22 July 2018
Job Title: Senior Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Rebecca Pow MP (Taunton Deane)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Rebecca Pow is recruiting an enthusiastic, well organised and hard-working Senior Parliamentary Assistant to join her Westminster office.
• Undertake research and support of parliamentary activities
• Draft parliamentary speeches and questions
• Attend meetings with or on behalf of Rebecca as required
• Monitor parliamentary business and identify potential areas for input by Rebecca
• Research for and drafting of speeches, articles and correspondence
• Manage Rebecca’s diary
• Involvement in Rebecca’s environmental work
The successful candidate will have the following attributes/abilities:
• Highly organised with the ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload
• At least 2 years’ experience working in Parliament
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• A keen interest in politics and current affairs
• Ability to work as part of a team and independently
• Strong research and IT skills
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 22 July 2018
Early applications are encouraged as an appointment may be made before the closing date if the right candidate is identified sooner.
Applicants are asked to send their CV and a covering letter of no more than one side of A4 to Rebecca Pow, firstname.lastname@example.org.