Date Added: 3 July 2018
: 18 July 2018
Job Title: Analyst Intern
Working For: Metro Dynamics
Salary: £5.90 - £7.83 per hour (National Living Wage - dependent on age)
Metro Dynamics is an independent consultancy that provides strategic advice to those who lead, grow or invest in cities. We work with local government, local enterprise partnerships, and private sector investors and developers across the UK and internationally.
We are seeking to hire a talented intern with an interest in economics and data analysis.
Interns at Metro Dynamics can expect to be involved in:
- Supporting consultancy projects through researching specific topics and preparing draft information for internal use and for clients
- Undertaking data analysis and mapping of statistics
- Providing day-to-day support as required to the activities of the business
Candidates are expected to:
- be recent graduates with an economics background
- have excellent written communication skills
- be able to demonstrate experience in statistics and analysing data and have good familiarity with Microsoft Excel
- be able to demonstrate interest and experience in topics relevant to our business
Experience of using GIS software (ArcGIS / QGIS), experience of relevant statistics packages (STATA, etc.), and understanding of data analytics tools / languages (e.g. R) would be beneficial but is not essential.
Our internships typically last for three months, with an option to extend. All interns are based in either our London or Manchester offices and can expect to be paid the Living Wage. Interns are expected to travel around the UK to support project work as required.
Closing Date: 18 July 2018
Interviews for this position are expected to be held in the week commencing 30 July 2018.
Please include when you will be available to start this internship within your covering letter.
Please send a short CV (no more than two pages) and covering letter to email@example.com, with the subject line ‘Metro Dynamics Internship’. In your covering letter, please explain why you would be suitable for an internship with Metro Dynamics, when you would be available for an internship, and to which office you are applying (applying for both is fine provided you are committed to working in either).
Due to the volume of applicants, only those invited to interview will be contacted.
Please note: all applicants must have the relevant permissions to work in the UK for the period of the internship being considered.