Date Added: 3 July 2018
: 15 July 2018
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Rebecca Harris MP (Castle Point)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
• Dealing with standard queries from members of the public
• Draft responses to constituents
• Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
• Ensure enquiries are dealt with sensitively and confidentially
• Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act & GDPR
• Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases
• Liaise with Government agencies, voluntary sector and others to resolve constituency matters
• Draft briefings & press releases
• Assist with the work of other team members as required
• A positive, hard-working and can-do attitude
• Excellent telephone manner and written communication skills, with confidence interacting with people at all levels
• Ability to display sensitively and tact in dealing with constituents' enquiries with an ability to prioritise and gatekeep effectively
• Strong IT skills; competence on Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook Excel)
• Exceptional organisational skills & eye for detail
• Ability to work well and calmly in a high pressure environment and to tight deadlines
• A trustworthy & discreet manner ensure that the highest standards of confidentiality are upheld.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a busy team and on own initiative independently
• A reasonable knowledge of key social policy issues: welfare benefits, immigration, housing and health
• Sympathy to the aims and views of the Conservative party
• A working knowledge of parliamentary procedures
• Previous experience in an office of an MP, MEP or similar public figure is desirable but not essential. Full training and support will be provided.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 15 July 2018
Interviews will be held shortly after the closing date. Start date: August/September 2018 (to be confirmed with the successful candidate)
Applicants should e-mail a copy of their CV (no more than two pages) and a one-page covering letter to the Office Manager at: email@example.com
Please include “Caseworker Application” in the subject box of the email.