Date Added: 5 July 2018
: 12 July 2018
Job Title: Constituency Support Manager
Working For: Diana Johnson MP (Hull North)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales, depending on experience
Fixed term contract for 6 months (full time), with good possibility of extension.
Diana Johnson MP is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Constituency Support Manager to supervise the constituency office in Hull and provide casework support. This is a full-time position on a fixed term contract for six months initially. Some work at weekends and evening will be required.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure all cases are logged; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
- Gather relevant information to resolve or progress cases
- Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries from constituents, the media, lobbyists and pressure groups
- Supervise other members of staff
- Attend surgeries, tribunals and meetings as appropriate
- Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure the Member is accurately informed on key issues and is aware of trends
- Research local, regional or national issues to support the Member’s work
- Project management
- Provide briefings for the Member
- Develop knowledge in specialist areas.
The following skills are essential:
- Experience of handing casework and supervising staff, volunteers and interns in a small office
- A self-starter with ability to work unsupervised and flexibly
- Good organisational skills and excellent attention to detail
- A good telephone manner and strong writing skills
- Experience of working in a political environment
- Driving license desirable
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 12 July 2018
Interview date 20/07/2018.
Start date: 06/08/2018
Please send CV and a brief covering letter setting out how you meet the criteria for this post to Kevin Morton, Office Manager at Mortonk@parliament.uk with the subject heading ‘Application for Constituency Support Manager’.