Date Added: 5 July 2018
: 13 July 2018
Job Title: Constituency Assistant / Caseworker (Part Time)
Working For: Ranil Jayawardena MP (North East Hampshire)
Location: Odiham, Hampshire (RG29 1NB)
Salary: Within allowable IPSA range, depending on experience (pro-rata)
Ranil Jayawardena MP has a vacancy for a part-time constituency assistant/caseworker based in his constituency office, working alongside two experienced existing colleagues. Experience of working in the community will be helpful and the ability to learn quickly is essential.
Previous experience of casework, though not necessarily in Parliament, is highly desirable. Local candidates who are familiar with the area and the issues that its residents and businesses face will be well placed to undertake the role, but this is not a requirement.
This role is ideally suited to an individual looking for more flexible working hours, such as term-time, or half days, or certain days of the week - totally 3/4 days net.
* Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate.
* Taking initial action on queries from members of the public, including responding on behalf of the MP if appropriate.
* Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases.
* Managing and undertaking the portfolio of casework appropriately.
* Drafting responses to constituents.
* Organising public meetings and tours for constituents.
* Analysing patterns of enquiries and produce reports.
* Liaising with Government agencies, voluntary sector and others to resolve constituency matters.
Skills required include:
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to provide a high quality service to constituents.
* Absolute discretion.
* Project management.
* Proactive approach.
* Awareness of central and local government structures, and other relevant agencies and advisory services.
* Good IT skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office package, and the ability to adapt to new software programmes.
* Highly organised, resilient and capable of dealing with a large work load as part of a busy team.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 13 July 2018
Interviews will be conducted as applications are made and the appointment may be made before the closing date.
Please submit a current CV and covering letter and contact details for two referees via email to: Jobs@TellRanil.com