Date Added: 5 July 2018
: 23 July 2018
Job Title: Research Intern
Working For: BritainThinks
Salary: London Living Wage - £10.20/hour
Duration: 3 months
Hours: Full-time Monday to Friday, from 9am to 6pm, with the expectation that you will be able to work some evenings and early mornings
We are a fast-growing independent insight and strategy consultancy that puts public and stakeholder opinion at the heart of our clients' thinking. Our research methodologies span all qualitative and quantitative techniques, and we have a diverse client base across the private, public and third sectors. We strongly encourage all potential applicants to take a look at our website for more information about who we are and what we do, including some previous reports: www.britainthinks.com
We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic and hard-working intern to join our team. The chosen candidate will be primarily responsible for providing logistical and analytical support on research projects, as well as providing administrative support in the office.
Interns at BritainThinks gain exposure to all elements of our work, including seeing focus groups and workshops live in action, and feeding in to the brainstorming and analysis process. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to embark on a career in social and market research or in communications.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
• Have strong communication skills, on paper, in person and on the phone
• Have an excellent academic record
• Be organised and able to multi-task
• Have graduated or completed postgraduate studies in the past two years
• Have taken an interest in extra-curricular activities outside your studies or paid work to date
• Be able to use MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel to a high degree of proficiency
• Be able and willing to work full-time and some evenings or early mornings
• Be legally entitled to work in the UK
Ideally you would also have some previous theoretical or practical exposure to qualitative or quantitative research methodologies (e.g. through academic studies or work experience).
Closing Date: 23 July 2018
Closing time: 9am
Start date: As soon as possible (ideally during the week commencing Monday 30th July, but with some flexibility if necessary)
Interviews to take place on Friday 27th July at our office in Somerset House in London. Interviewees will be asked to complete a short written task ahead of their interview.
Please send the following to Grace Williams at email@example.com:
1. A one page covering letter, which sets out:
- Why you're applying for an internship at BritainThinks
- Why you believe you are right for the role
- Any relevant experience you have in managing a project or conducting research
2. Your CV (max 2 sides of A4)
Please send your CV and covering letter together in one attachment with your full name as the filename.
Please note that, while we will try our best to contact all unsuccessful candidates, this may not be possible due to high numbers of applicants.