Date Added: 5 July 2018
: 20 July 2018
Job Title: Part-time Administrative Officer
Working For: Mike Kane MP (Wythenshawe & Sale East)
Location: Wythenshawe, Manchester M22
Salary: £17062.50 pro rata (25 hours per week)
Mike Kane MP is looking for a part-time Administrative Officer to join his team in the constituency office based in Wythenshawe, Manchester.
The successful candidate will enjoy the challenges and flexibility of working in a small team and be a hard working, organised and enthusiastic individual.
They should have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
The job is part-time working 5 hours each day Monday-Friday (10am-3pm ideally but some flexibility can be shown)
- Manage all incoming calls and visitors to the office
- Respond to enquiries by telephone, email and letter
- Open and manage all email in Mike’s inbox on Outlook
- Open and dispatch mail
- Assist with arrangements for meetings/MP surgeries/events
- Use Parliamentary Research Service to draft replies to constituents on policy issues
- Accompany Mike on some visits/meetings
- Maintain records on our electronic database
- Any other tasks as required
- Excellent organisational skills and time-keeping
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with diplomacy, discretion and confidentiality
- Good team working
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An interest in UK politics
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour Party
- Access to a vehicle to take/accompany Mike on some visits etc
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 20 July 2018
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 1 August in the constituency office
Please send a copy of your CV, along with a covering letter detailing why you are suitable for this role to email@example.com.
Please make the subject of your email "Application for Administrative Officer"
If you require further information please ring 0161 499 7900