Date Added: 5 July 2018
: 20 July 2018
Job Title: Better Buses Campaigner
Working For: We Own It
Salary: £23,460 pro rata (£18,768 for 4 days a week)
We're looking for a Better Buses campaigner to work in Manchester four days a week for one
year. You’ll lead the campaign to persuade the Mayor and Transport for Greater Manchester
to use new franchising powers to improve buses in the Greater Manchester area. This is a key
step towards public ownership.
You’ll need to be highly self-motivated and willing to drive forward the campaign at every stage
to win this victory. You’ll be provided with desk space, and will be in regular contact with a
small, enthusiastic We Own It team based in Oxford to coordinate on strategy and messaging.
The role will involve some work-related travel to Oxford and London.
- Develop the strategy and deliver a winning campaign in Manchester
- Create and maintain a strong brand and online presence for the campaign
- Mobilise public support for action on buses, offline and online
- Build strong alliances with wider networks and community groups across the area
- Manage relationships with key decision makers and politicians
- Maximise press coverage of the campaign across Greater Manchester
- Commission research or polling as required, coming up with new campaign initiatives
- Work flexibly with the rest of the We Own It team as required on
- communications/social media/admin - be ready to get stuck in
To see the full job description, please use the link below:
Closing Date: 20 July 2018
Interviews will be held in Manchester during the week beginning 30th July. Further details will be emailed to applicants that get through to the interview stage.
Please apply by email to Cat at firstname.lastname@example.org. The application should include:
- A covering letter explaining why you’re interested in the role and how you meet the
- person specification, giving examples where possible (and saying where you saw the
- role advertised)
- Your CV
- A piece of your own writing that you're proud of
- The names and contact details of two referees
We Own It is committed to equality of opportunity and encourages applications from all backgrounds.