Date Added: 6 July 2018
: 13 July 2018
Job Title: Policy and Public Affairs Adviser
Working For: a client of Michael Page
Salary: circa £45,000
A membership body
Our client is seeking a Policy & Public Affairs Adviser who will lead on a number of research projects, and represent our client in communications with its members and stakeholders, including Government.
• Draft high quality policy papers, briefings and reports
• Manage research projects to a high standard
• Establish and maintain a bank of existing relevant internal evidence, data and research with the potential to inform research projects and policy development
• Use initiative to develop new work streams, originate new research and projects to successfully represent our client’s members
• Build strong working relationships with stakeholders and members
• Monitor Parliamentary debates and political discourse to ensure that politicians and others are kept informed of relevant information and statistics.
• Develop and maintain an overview of stakeholders and potential partners with an interest in the themes which form part of our Client’s policy research
• Identify external events, consultations and initiatives to which our client might contribute, linked to their research, knowledge, publications, and policy positions
• Support the delivery of policy events with internal and external stakeholders to discuss key policy issues, and/or launch publications and policy content, including co-ordination with partners, guests, and liaison with contributors/speakers
• Good networking and team working skills
• Experienced in drafting high quality policy papers, briefings and reports
• Highly motivated individual able to work collaboratively across teams, or individually to deliver results
• Demonstrable experience of developing and influencing policy which has successfully shaped national and/or local legislation, policy or practice.
• Good understanding or demonstrable experience of the workings of Government and Whitehall
More info: https://www.michaelpage.co.uk/job-detail/policy-and-public-affairs-adviser/ref/13934451
Closing Date: 13 July 2018
Interview dates yet to be confirmed. Applications will be considered as received.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV to Sarah Smith firstname.lastname@example.org . For more information, please call 020 7269 2484
Due to the high volume of applicants expected, we regretfully might not be able to reply to all applications. If you have not heard within 7 days, we're afraid to say that you have not been shortlisted for the role.