Date Added: 6 July 2018
: 20 July 2018
Job Title: Intern/researcher
Working For: Local Dialogue
Salary: £10.20 per hour (London Living Wage)
Local Dialogue is a leading public affairs/communications consultancy working with clients in both the public and private sectors, predominantly on planning and regeneration projects.
We are looking for an intern/researcher to join our London office for three months with the possibility of this developing into a permanent position. This position would suit those looking to take the next step in their careers as well as recent graduates or post-graduates.
Candidates with a background in, or understanding of planning, regeneration and politics are preferred.
Duties would include:
• Researching local and national politics for individual projects
• Researching site planning histories
• Helping to organise, publicise and staff public events
• Supporting the team by managing databases and correspondence
• Monitoring of national, regional, local, online and trade media, as well as political news sources
• General support on active projects
• Contributing to business development
• A strong interest in politics, current affairs, local government, planning, regeneration and/or development
• Very strong written and oral communication skills – you must have excellent written English with close attention to detail
• The ability to work efficiently and to tight deadlines
• Computer literacy and familiarity with internet-based research. You should be proficient with Microsoft Office and happy to work on a Mac
• Someone with a can-do attitude, ready to roll their sleeves up and make the most of this opportunity
This is a paid role and an excellent opportunity that can lead to a permanent position. The hours are Monday – Friday, 09:00 – 17:30 with one hour for lunch.
Local Dialogue is an equal opportunities employer. Our office is based a few minutes’ walk from Vauxhall tube/railway station.
Closing Date: 20 July 2018
We are looking to appoint as soon as possible and if the right candidate is found, the position may be filled ahead of the closing date.
If you are interested in applying for this position in our London Office, please send a covering letter (no more than 150 words) and CV to - firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please call - Mike Denness - 0207 357 6606.
Previous applicants need not reapply.