The CIPD Policy team are looking for a Labour Market Economist to join them. You will provide high quality labour market analysis and generate insight and profile for the CIPD which will influence and inform public policy making, people, management and development practice.
Key responsibilities -
• Interpret and forecast labour market trends for example through analysis of Office for National Statistics and Eurostat data
• Research and analyse data and conduct surveys on a range of labour market, skills and workplace issues
• Prepare high quality reports that present research results and make the case for changes in policy and practice
• Work with the public policy team to advocate recommendations to policy makers and other stakeholders
• Act as a public spokesperson on the labour market through broadcast, print and social media
• Present findings of research through speaking at conferences and other events
• Work with the CIPD’s public affairs team to develop key stakeholder relationships in Government, business and in order to influence public policy
• Advise the CIPD on the potential implications of labour market or workplace trends for the organisation.
Knowledge, skills & experience -
• Graduate with a degree in economics or closely related field
• Extensive experience working as an Economist
• Experience of working on labour market analysis and/or will have significant knowledge and interest in the subject
• Knowledge and/or experience of public policy
• A proven track record in conducting original analysis to deliver new insights that have had significant impact for example in influencing public policy making or thinking and/or generating media coverage and interest.
The CIPD define diversity as valuing everyone as an individual – we value all our employees, customers and clients as people. Harnessing these differences creates a productive environment in which everybody feels valued, where their talents are fully utilised and organisational and personal goals are met.
We are committed to employment practices that promote diversity and inclusion in employment regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion or belief.