Date Added: 6 July 2018
: 20 July 2018
Job Title: Public Affairs Assistant
Working For: Association of Convenience Stores
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire
Salary: £21,000 PA + benefits
ACS (the Association of Convenience Stores) is a trade association representing over 33,500 local shops across the UK. ACS provides industry leading advice, networking opportunities and lobbying to its members, underpinned by a strong presence in the trade and national media on key issues facing the convenience sector.
ACS is looking for an ambitious candidate to join a growing Public Affairs team in the new role of Public Affairs Assistant. We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic candidate to support a busy public affairs team. The ideal candidate will be capable of taking on a wide-ranging policy brief and working in a fast-paced environment. A demonstrable interest in the political process would be advantageous.
Reporting to the Head of Public Affairs and Policy, the Public Affairs Assistant will be responsible for:
• Monitoring outputs from Government departments, parliamentary developments and the national media in order to produce daily and weekly monitoring reports for internal and external audiences
• Researching policy issues to support the team in responding to Government consultations
• Drafting letters and briefings to key political audiences e.g. civil servants, MPs, Ministers about campaigning activity
• Providing administrative support for the All-Party Parliamentary Small Shops Group and the Cross Party Small Shops Group
• Supporting the Public Affairs team on the planning, preparation, and running of ACS policy events
• Attending internal and external meetings to brief ACS members and policy makers about ACS policy positions
The successful candidate, educated to degree level or equivalent, will demonstrate excellent comprehension skills and the ability to summarise complex information accurately and quickly.
Closing Date: 20 July 2018
Please send a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com