Date Added: 6 July 2018
: 2 August 2018
Job Title: Events and Communications Coordinator
Working For: Reform
Salary: £27, 500 – £33, 499 dependent on experience, plus private pension scheme, health/dental insurance and performance-related bonus
The Events and Communications Coordinator is responsible for a portfolio of policy events and will deliver Reform’s communications strategy to ensure its research has maximum impact. Working within the events, communications and fundraising team, the successful candidate will work closely with Reform's senior management and research teams.
Reform has an annual programme of around 60 policy and fundraising events bringing together leaders across government, public services and business to push the policy debate forward. The Events and Communications Coordinator will be responsible for the delivery of a portfolio of events to a high standard. The successful candidate will work with senior stakeholders including FTSE 100 and 250 companies.
The Events and Communications Coordinator will ensure that Reform’s research is communicated as effectively as possible. They will be responsible for launching research reports, uploading website content and scheduling social media content.
Reform is an independent cross-party think tank dedicated to achieving better and smarter public services. Reform is the third largest think tank of its kind with a focus on public service reform and productivity. Its core areas are Home Affairs and Justice, Education, Health, Work and Pensions, as well as cross-cutting issues such as digital transformation, competition and choice and efficiency.
Reform cares about the wellbeing and development of its staff. It offers a range of benefits and provides opportunities for training and progression.
- Deliver around 30 events a year, including Party conference events
- Act as a relationship manager for event partners
- Deliver Reform’s communications strategy, working closely with the wider team
- Identify opportunities to improve Reform’s events and communications processes
- Work with the Director of Marketing and Communications to produce copy for the website, and with the research team to produce marketing and event materials
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent written skills and attention to detail
- Excellent project management skills, including multi-tasking and working under pressure
- An ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- An understanding of Whitehall and the broader public policy debate
Closing Date: 2 August 2018
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until 9am on the closing date. Interviews will take place throughout the process.
Reform uses Be Applied for recruitment. All applications should be submitted using this link: https://app.beapplied.com/apply/lbk1cu2opm. Submission by any other method won't be accepted.
You will be asked:
1. To answer three questions to find out about your interest in the role
2. To submit a copy of your CV
Due to the high number of applications we receive, we are unable to contact candidates who are not selected for interview. Late applications will not be considered. Please note, applicants must have the right to work in the UK.