Date Added: 6 July 2018
: 20 July 2018
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Fiona Onasanya MP (Peterborough)
Fiona Onasanya MP is seeking a full-time caseworker for her constituency office in Peterborough. The caseworker will liaise with constituents as well as national and local government agencies to resolve issues.
- Attend surgeries, consultations and other meetings as appropriate
- Deal with standard queries from members of the public on issues including health, housing, immigration, environment, employment rights, tax credits, CSA, benefits
- Provide information, advice and support to constituents
- Gather relevant information from constituents and outside organisations to assist with resolving cases
- Log all cases onto a casework database, monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Correspond and communicate with constituents both on the phone and by email and post in a timely and professional manner
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the GDPR
- Occasionally fulfil other duties upon request, such as assisting with the work of other colleagues and liaising with internal and external contacts
- Excellent oral and written communication using plain English
- Excellent ICT skills including the ability to use Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Minimum of two years' office experience
- The ability to see things from the position of others
- Approachable, friendly and able to influence people
- Flexible and adaptable
- Highly motivated and passionate about helping people
- Attention to detail
- Able to multi task
- Able to work under pressure, prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Aware of GDPR and be able to treat data confidentially
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working, volunteering or campaigning for the Labour party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 20 July 2018
Interviews will be held on Friday 27 July.
Applicants should e-mail a copy of their CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Caseworker Application” in the subject box of the email.