Date Added: 6 July 2018
: 17 July 2018
Job Title: Researcher
Working For: Anneliese Dodds MP (Oxford East)
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Analysing, evaluating and interpreting communications and data to ensure that Anneliese is accurately informed on key issues
• Undertaking research, usually from readily available sources, on straightforward subjects
• Developing and maintaining a current knowledge of legislation, Hansard, debates etc.
• Diary management (in conjunction with the Oxford office)
• Ensuring Anneliese is fully briefed in advance of different events, parliamentary debates etc.
• Dealing with queries from members of the public, NGOs and businesses
• Liaising with the Oxford office to ensure that constituents’ cases are taken seriously by Ministers and different Departments and agencies
• Supervising other staff members where appropriate (support will be provided for this, when required)
• Able to work productively with others in a team, including across two sites (Oxford and London)
• Excellent written English
• Punctual, polite and friendly
• Good telephone manner
• Able to work to deadlines and in a pressurized environment
• Ability to work confidentially and to ensure constituents’ data is consistently handled appropriately and privately
• Sympathy with and a commitment to the values of the Labour Party
• Higher education degree or equivalent relevant experience outside higher education
• Membership of the Labour Party and a history of campaigning
• Experience of research and administration
• Knowledge of economic policy-making
Job-share applicants will be considered, but please note that this is a full-time position so part-time applicants will not be considered.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 17 July 2018
Interviews will be held in London on the 23rd of July.
Please note that all applicants will be informed of whether or not they have been successful in being called for interview by close of play on the 20th July at the very latest.
The closing date for this application is 12 noon.
Please can applicants send a one-page CV and a covering letter of no more than one side of A4, as attachments, to Anneliese.email@example.com, with APPLICATION in the subject line
Unfortunately, Anneliese and her staff are not able to respond to queries about the role. Anneliese will endeavour to provide all unsuccessful applicants with feedback, however this may be generic feedback from the entire process rather than specific to individual applicants, depending on the number of applications.