Date Added: 9 July 2018
: 23 July 2018
Job Title: Campaign Manager/Organising Secretary
Working For: Huntingdon Conservative Association
Huntingdon Conservative Association is looking to appoint a Campaign Manager or Organising Secretary.
The successful applicant will be someone enthusiastic and ambitious, who thrives on a wide-range of competing challenges. Political and campaigning priorities can change quickly, so working hours will of necessity be varied and flexible. This is a “rolling-up-the-sleeves”, do whatever needs to be done, frontline campaigning role.
The varied role of a constituency-based Campaign Manager or Organising Secretary includes responsibility for the following:
• Developing an on-going programme of incumbency activities with the local MP
• Recruiting volunteers and building campaign teams
• Driving an on-going voter contact programme, including phoning and door-to-door canvassing
• Organising political meetings and events
• Co-ordinating a comprehensive fundraising programme
• Producing local Party literature and building delivery networks
• Maintaining and expanding a presence on multiple social media platforms
• Executing a full ‘get out the vote’ operation on polling day
• Working with Association Officers in producing and delivering a campaign plan for the Constituency
A Campaign Manager must:
• Be a self-starter
• Be well organised, professional and punctual
• Have strong written and verbal communication skills
• Be able to lead and motivate colleagues and activists
• Able to work within a team and autonomously and take responsibility for fulfilling tasks and meeting deadlines
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
• Flexible approach to out of hours working patterns
A full training programme will be provided by CCHQ.
Closing Date: 23 July 2018
Interviews will take place during August with a start date in September.
If you have the skills required to succeed in this role, please visit www.conservatives.com, and click on ‘Work For Us’ to download our application form. Please submit this to email@example.com or post to HCCA, Centenary House, St Mary's Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3PE.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and appoint on merit.