Date Added: 9 July 2018
: 25 July 2018
Job Title: Policy Analyst x2
Working For: Renewable Energy Association
Policy Analyst x 2 (1 x graduate position)
Two exciting opportunities to work at the forefront of the UK’s renewable and clean tech energy industry. Based in central London and reporting to the REA’s Head of Policy, these roles are a unique chance to drive forward the decarbonisation of power, heat and transport at a pivotal moment for the government’s agenda in this area.
We are recruiting two policy analysts, one recent graduate role and the other for a more experienced analyst. Looking for energetic people with a passion for the environment and renewables, who are confident in building relationships and have an enthusiasm for building networks. Political knowledge and an understanding of government are also important elements of the role.
You should have excellent writing skills and the ability to communicate across a number of audiences. In a fast-moving policy area, you will need to be able to react quickly to assimilate new information across a broad spectrum of policy and political developments, understand its significance to the wider agenda, and help develop and communicate our organisation’s position.
• scope to develop knowledge in an exciting policy area
• to develop and grow within the organisation
• friendly and supportive office
• researching and analysing policy issues
• producing briefings on the political and regulatory environment
• drafting consultation responses
• supporting REA members activities
• supporting REA sector groups meetings
• engaging with civil servants, MPs and REA members
• producing newsletters for members on regulatory and market developments
• manage and contribute to our digital and social media content
• contribute to the writing and organisation of REA’s key publications, such as our annual report, REview
• a keen interest in UK current affairs, business and the media
• understanding of UK Government and interest in the political environment
• a confident oral and written communicator with great attention to detail
• start between July and the end of September 2018
• extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite of products
Closing Date: 25 July 2018
We may interview and appoint before the closing date.
Please send your CV and covering letter outlining your suitablity and why you would like to work for the REA to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find further details here https://www.r-e-a.net/jobs