Date Added: 10 July 2018
: 16 July 2018
Job Title: Public Affairs Manager
Working For: a client of Michael Page
Salary: £42,000 - £44,000 per annum DOE (including London weighting)
Reporting to the Director of Policy and Advocacy, this is a key role in the UK policy, research and advocacy department, within the wider communications and advocacy directorate. There are 6 staff in the public affairs team (3 in London, 1 each in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), and sits alongside the refugees and asylum policy and advocacy team, the health and social care team, and the policy research team.
• To ensure and be responsible for an excellent public affairs function, coordinating the strategic communication and relationship building with a UK political audience, in each of the UK nations and at regional and local level, in support of our advocacy priorities (UK and international).
• To manage the UK-wide public affairs team and provide leadership within the wider team.
• Experience of working in or with the UK Parliament and/or at least one devolved parliament/assembly; or experience of wider public affairs work.
• Experience of engaging impactfully to influence policy makers, decision makers and opinion formers.
• Experience of designing and delivering influencing activities, including events (party conferences, parliamentary receptions etc).
• Line management experience.
12 month, FTC
For more info: https://www.michaelpage.co.uk/job-detail/public-affairs-manager-12mth-ftc/ref/13935505
Closing Date: 16 July 2018
Interviews scheduled to take place on Friday 13th and Monday 16th July.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV to Sarah Smith firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please call 020 7269 2484
Due to the high volume of applicants expected, we regretfully might not be able to reply to all applications. If you have not heard within 7 days, we're afraid to say that you have not been shortlisted for the role.