Date Added: 11 July 2018
: 23 July 2018
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Helen Hayes MP (Dulwich and West Norwood)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Helen Hayes MP is looking for a highly motivated and experienced individual to work across her busy Parliamentary and Constituency Offices.
The role will include providing information, advice and support to constituents on a variety of issues and liaising with government agencies, the voluntary sector and others to help resolve matters on behalf of constituents.
• Handling correspondence from constituents, drafting responses and providing advice and support to constituents on a variety of issues (eg immigration, housing, benefits) through liaison with Government agencies, the voluntary sector and others.
• Manage own caseload and progress of casework, ensuring all cases are dealt with in a sensitive and confidential manner and accurate records are kept in adherence to the principles of the Data Protection Act.
• Attend surgeries and other meetings to assist the Member in dealing with constituents’ issues.
• Draft responses or respond to constituents on any issues raised on behalf of the Member.
• Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant guidelines/legislation as appropriate in dealing with casework.
• Liaise with relevant groups within the constituency and communicate appropriately with internal and external contacts.
• Previous experience of handling casework, either in an MP’s Office, the Civil Service, or a third sector organisation such as the CAB is essential.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confidence in interacting with people at all levels.
• Able to prioritise a demanding workload to meet deadlines.
• Able to deal with issues in a confidential manner.
• Able to work effectively in a small team.
• Competent use of IT including full proficiency in using Microsoft Office, Outlook and the internet.
• Experience of a casework management system or similar database would be an advantage.
• Experience of working and dealing with the general public.
• Awareness and understanding of current political issues.
• Sympathetic to the aims and objectives of the Labour Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 23 July 2018
Interviews will take place on Thursday 26th July.
Deadline is noon.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference 'ZA11910' in the subject line.
Due to the number of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us by 30th July 2018 please assume that you have not been successful in reaching interview.
Thank you very much for your application - we look forward to receiving it.