Date Added: 12 July 2018
: 25 July 2018
Job Title: Director of Communications
Working For: National Union of Students
Salary: Circa £70,000 per annum
Harris Hill is excited to be working with the National Union of Students to find their next Director of Communications, on an initial 6-month contract.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing leadership, direction and development of NUS' communications strategy
- Playing a key role in developing NUS' brand to maximise its influence and impact
- Developing and delivering NUS' internal and external communications strategy, taking full advantage of available tools to effectively communicate with a wide variety of audiences
- Providing a strategic framework for the effective management and delivering of the annual operating plans for the Communications and Campaigns teams
- Ensuring a proactive approach to communications across the wider organisation, with a particular emphasis on digital media
- Occasional travel requirements throughout the UK and Europe.
This position sits within NUS' Executive Team, and thus requires a seasoned communications professional with extensive experience of delivering communications and/or campaigns strategies at a senior level. You will also have significant experience of representing an organisation to wide range of audiences and a diplomatic approach to communications.
This is an excellent opportunity for an impact-focused and decisive communications professional to make a tangible difference to lives of students from a wide variety of ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds. BAME applicants are particularly encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: 25 July 2018
NUS are looking for potential candidates to start as soon as possible and I will, therefore, be submitting applications on a rolling basis.
If you have these skills, then please send your most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only suitable candidates will be contacted.