Date Added: 12 July 2018
: 12 August 2018
Job Title: Programme Manager - Communications Infrastructure
Working For: techUK
Salary: £27,000 - £35,000pa
This is an exciting role reporting to the Executive Director, Telecoms, Spectrum & Satellite and its purpose is to support the creation, implementation and administration of the various work streams within the Communications Infrastructure Programme and the Spectrum Policy Forum, which together currently comprise:
- Communications Infrastructure Council and Group
- Future Connected Rail
- Satellite Telecommunications Committee
- Positioning, Navigation & Timing Committee
- Spectrum Policy Forum Plenary, Steering Board and working groups: Clusters 1, 2, 3 and 4
(each focussed on a specific type of spectrum use).
The person appointed will show capability and potential to build on a strong foundation of a solid programme, strong member engagement, and good external reputation and stakeholder relationships. He/she will need to have, or a propensity to develop quickly, a good understanding of the opportunities and challenges in the use of Communications Infrastructure, including the terms on which spectrum is made available.
- Support the development, implementation and communication of techUK’s Communications Infrastructure Programme in a way that meets the needs of existing and potential members;
- Support the inception, set-up and execution of programme events and meetings;
- Promote the programme through insights, opinions, social media and PR activities;
- Draft reports, papers, articles, consultation responses and meeting notes;
- Support relevant techUK working groups and maintain liaison with group members;
- Identify and exploit market development opportunities, for example on joint events, with other Programmes within techUK, chiefly Cloud/Big Data, IOT Council and SmarterUK;
- Liaise with other techUK teams to assist in a successful programme of press coverage, events, internal and external marketing and to ensure they are kept fully informed of major policy initiatives;
- Deputise for the Executive Director in their absence;
- Assist in maintaining all relevant parts of the techUK website to a high standard;
- Maintain all relevant records on techUK’s CRM system (Microsoft Dynamics 365);
- Any other duties that might from time to time be required.
Further details can be found on our website here: http://www.techuk.org/about/jobs-at-techuk/item/13480-programme-manager-communications-infrastructure
Closing Date: 12 August 2018
The start date is as soon as possible and techUK may appoint to the role before the closing date if a suitable applicant is found.
Candidates should send a copy of their CV together with a short cover letter (max 500 words) outlining their suitability for the role to email@example.com.