Date Added: 12 July 2018
: 29 July 2018
Job Title: Public Affairs Executive
Working For: Interel Group
Salary: Competitive, depending on skills and experience
Interel is a fast-growing international public affairs agency with a roster of blue chip clients. With offices in seven locations and specialist partners covering more than 60 markets around the world, we combine global reach with local expertise to deliver outstanding results for our clients, wherever they operate.
Our strength lies in helping businesses and associations achieve their objectives through proactive engagement with a broad spectrum of stakeholders at all levels of influence, from politicians to grassroots campaigners.
We are recruiting for a Public Affairs Executive to join our UK team. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the provision of political monitoring and intelligence, helping to devise and implement stakeholder engagement programmes for clients, undertaking political research and organising receptions and events. In addition, they will develop good relationships with parliamentary and departmental contacts, contribute to the development of new business initiatives and provide support with administrative functions.
- Knowledge and understanding of the UK’s political, policy and legislative processes
- Experience gained through working in parliament, for a political party, a think tank, in-house, or for another public affairs agency
- Basic commercial awareness and an understanding of the financial imperative of working in a consultancy
- Ability to become proficient in new subject areas, and move from issue to issue
- Good organisation and time management skills, able to deliver high quality work within tight deadlines
- A confident communicator, with the ability to understand and grasp detail
- The ability to work well and co-operatively in a small team
- The ability to contribute, as appropriate, to new business initiatives
- A flexible attitude and enthusiastic approach, to be able to work in a variety of different roles and contexts
- Experience and expertise with digital skills, such as social media, would be an advantage
We offer the opportunity to work with dynamic and exciting clients, a generous bonus scheme, pension contributions, employee life insurance, and a sports and cultural bonus.
Closing Date: 29 July 2018
Interviews will be held in our London office as quickly as possible. Please note that we may appoint before the closing date.
To apply, email your CV and brief covering letter (maximum one page) to Carl Thomson at email@example.com. CVs without an accompanying letter will not be accepted. Please also include your salary expectations within your covering letter.