Date Added: 12 July 2018
: 6 August 2018
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Tom Pursglove MP (Corby and East Northamptonshire)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
A full-time Parliamentary Assistant is required for a fixed period of six months to work in the Westminster office, working as part of a small busy team, with potential for extension thereafter. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic people person, with excellent attention to detail. Previous parliamentary experience is required.
• drafting correspondence on various issues on the Member's behalf
• effective casework management
• keeping up-to-date records of constituent contacts
• drafting social media content and managing social media accounts
• drafting parliamentary questions
• project management
• project work
• provide generalist admin support
• supervise staff members where appropriate
• any other duties related to the post and appropriate to the pay band as directed and agreed by the Member and Senior Parliamentary Assistant
Skills Required Include:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proficient experience in digital and social media including Facebook and Twitter
• Awareness of central and local government structures
• The ability and desire to learn quickly and take on board new challenges
• Good IT skills including knowledge of MS Office packages
• Highly organised and capable of dealing with a large and varied workload
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 6 August 2018
Interview/Start Dates: Flexible - to be agreed.
Application Details: Please send a cover letter and no more than a single page CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: Tom Pursglove MP, House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA.
If you require any further information, please call 0207 219 8043.