Date Added: 27 July 2018
: 10 August 2018
Job Title: People’s Vote Campaigns Officer
Working For: European Movement UK, supporting the People’s Vote Campaign
Location: Home Based (Birmingham)
Salary: £25,000-£27,000 pro rata (6-month fixed term contract)
The European Movement UK is a founder and leading supporter of the People’s Vote campaign, which is demanding that the people, not just politicians, be given a vote on the final Brexit deal.
The grassroots network of local campaign groups campaigning for a People’s Vote is growing rapidly. For this reason, the demand to properly support local groups and their campaigning efforts is also increasing.
With the ambition to further expand the grassroots campaign network in both size of existing groups and number of existing groups in the West Midlands, there is a need for a People’s Vote Campaigns Officer based in Birmingham.
The People’s Vote Campaigns Officer will be:
- Developing regional branch development strategies which are tailored to the West Midlands, based on the People’s Vote national campaign strategy.
- Developing People’s Vote messaging which is tailored to the West Midlands, based on the People’s Vote national campaign messaging.
- Engaging with local politicians, businesses, civil society organisations, unions and more to promote the People’s Vote Campaign in the West Midlands.
- Delivering People’s Vote campaign goals in the West Midlands.
- The main communicator for vital information from HQ to local groups and vice versa.
- Spearheading branch creation in key areas or help contact independent campaign groups for them to join the campaign.
The ideal People’s Vote Campaigns Officer – West Midlands will:
- Believe in the objectives and principles of both the European Movement UK and the People’s Vote Campaign.
- Have extensive understanding of British politics.
- Have held a regional managerial position in a campaign organization, or political party.
- Have experience in managing volunteers and numerous stakeholder relationships simultaneously.
- Be prepared to work unsociable hours and travel across the UK.
Closing Date: 10 August 2018
As soon as possible.
To apply for this position, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. If you have any queries about the position, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the People's Vote Campaign, please visit: https://www.peoples-vote.uk/. For more information about the European Movement UK, please visit: http://www.europeanmovement.co.uk/.