Date Added: 7 August 2018
: 20 August 2018
Job Title: People’s Vote Campaigns Officer – Scotland
Working For: European Movement UK, supporting the People’s Vote Campaign
Location: Home Based (Scotland)
Salary: £25,000-£27,000 pro rata (6-month fixed term contract)
The European Movement UK is a founder and leading supporter of the People’s Vote campaign, which is demanding that the people, not just politicians, be given a vote on the final Brexit deal.
The grassroots network of local campaign groups campaigning for a People’s Vote is growing rapid-ly. For this reason, the demand to properly support local groups and their campaigning efforts is also increasing.
With the ambition to further expand the grassroots campaign network in both size of existing groups and number of existing groups in Scotland, there is a need for a People’s Vote Campaigns Officer based in Scotland.
The People’s Vote Campaigns Officer will be:
- Developing People’s Vote campaign strategies which are tailored to Scotland and Scottish politics, based on the People’s Vote national campaign strategy.
- Developing People’s Vote messaging which is tailored to Scotland and Scottish political discourse, based on the People’s Vote national campaign messaging.
- Liaise with the People’s Vote press team to maximise campaign coverage in Scottish media.
- Representative of the People’s Vote campaign in Scotland.
- Engaging with Scottish politicians, businesses, civil society organisations, unions and more to promote the People’s Vote Campaign in Scotland.
- Deliver People’s Vote campaign goals in Scotland.
- Main communicator for vital information from HQ to local and national groups and vice versa.
- Spearhead branch creation in key areas or help contact independent campaign groups for them to join the campaign.
- Coordinating campaign efforts between local campaign groups, European Movement in Scotland (EMIS) and Scotland for Europe.
The ideal People’s Vote Campaigns Officer – Scotland will:
- Believe in the objectives and principles of both the European Movement UK and the People’s Vote Campaign.
- Have extensive understanding of Scottish politics.
- Have held a managerial position in a campaign organisation, or political party.
- Have experience in managing volunteers and numerous stakeholder relationships simultaneously.
- Be prepared to work unsociable hours and travel across Scotland and the UK.
Closing Date: 20 August 2018
As soon as possible.
To apply for this position, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any queries about the position, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com. For more information about the People's Vote Campaign, please visit: https://www.peoples-vote.uk/ . For more information about the European Movement UK, please visit: http://www.europeanmovement.co.uk.