Date Added: 9 August 2018
: 23 August 2018
Job Title: Administrative Officer
Working For: Robin Walker MP (Worcester)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Robin Walker MP, Member of Parliament for Worcester is looking for an Administrative Officer to join his team at Westminster.
The role is a junior position which would suit a recent graduate.
• Handling administrative arrangements for meetings with members of the public
• Manage and monitor incoming calls and enquiries
• Opening and dispatching mail
• Photocopying, filing, record-keeping, data entry and typing correspondence
• Providing general administrative support
• Responding to enquiries by telephone and email, passing on queries to other team members
Key skills include:
• Attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience of office work desirable
• Confident telephone manner
• Excellent organisation and timekeeping
Candidates should be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 23 August 2018
The closing date for applications is midnight.
Early applications are encouraged as we may appoint before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
Interviews will be held in the last week of August and the first week of September.
Please send a CV & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title CV: Administrative Officer.
If you have any questions please phone Craig Wilson or Tom Cole on 0207 219 7196.