Date Added: 16 August 2018
: 31 August 2018
Job Title: Volunteers (x6)
Working For: Labour Campaign for Human Rights
Salary: Voluntary role (flexible hours)
The Labour Campaign for Human Rights (LCHR) is a campaign that promotes human rights within the Labour Party. Our activities include:
• Discussion: LCHR serves as a forum and platform for Labour members and others who have an interest in human rights. We foster dialogue between civil society, academia, the public, and the Labour Party on human rights issues.
• Advocacy: we engage with Labour Party policy and Labour politicians to ensure that human rights are at the heart of Labour’s foreign and domestic policy agendas.
• Policy work: LCHR generates policy proposals for the Labour Party that ensure the protection and promotion of human rights.
• Public, grassroots campaigning and awareness raising: we raise the profile of human rights issues within the party and the wider Labour movement.
LCHR is looking for six (6) new volunteers to help us run the organisation and our upcoming campaigns. The volunteers will form LCHR’s managing committee, and we are looking for a Secretary, Membership Officer, Communications Officer, Fundraising Officer and Events Officer. Each officer will have role-specific responsibilities, as well as being involved with our campaigning work.
Responsibilities (depending on the specific volunteer role) include:
• Liaising with MPs, peers, and their support staff;
• Writing articles and briefings;
• Running our social media channels;
• Producing a regular newsletter;
• Organising events; and
• Carrying out fundraising activities.
Ideal candidates will have:
• A keen interest in human rights and politics;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including writing skills;
• A good understanding of the Labour Party; and
• Support the Labour Campaign for Human Rights and our mission.
Hours are flexible and the role is primarily home-based, although candidates will ideally be based in London for meetings and events. Around 2-3 hours per week commitment is typical by not required
You can find out more information about us here: https://lchr.org.uk/
Closing Date: 31 August 2018
Interviews will take place w/c 3rd September or 27th / 28th September (with some flexibility if necessary)
Please send a CV and short cover note to Matthew Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will acknowledge every application, and will aim to contact successful applicants by 1st September 2018.