Date Added: 29 August 2018
: 29 October 2018
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Working For: OMFIF
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
The applicant will have an instinctive interest in the topical issues in politics and economics, including technological changes. An understanding of geo-political risk, monetary policy, central banking and public assets is also necessary.
In this role the business development manager will engage major financial services organisations from the public and private sectors in a collaborative manner identifying commercial opportunities and partnerships.
Membership is a core element of OMFIF and the BDM will be engaging with senior-level executives in financial institutions globally.
The successful candidate may worked in the field of politics, research, economics or finance.
We would expect the Business Development Manager to:
- Develop revenue generating engagements with existing products for new members/markets
- Identify commercial opportunities from changes in financial markets and geo-politics
- Identify and generate leads through effective telephone liaison with prospective members and sponsors, promotional correspondence, client visits particularly within the London area and presentations on the benefits of OMFIF membership
- Drive and coordinate successful negotiations with prospective members and sponsors
- Build, manage and maintain a substantial pipeline of potential members using the CRM system (Salesforce and Pardot), ensuring accurate and up-to-date record-keeping
- Work towards, meet and exceed realistic and agreed sales targets for new business, up-selling contracts and other membership business development objectives
- Work closely with other teams to deliver projects for new members/markets.
Skills, experience and qualifications:
- Highly organised, attentive to detail with strong ability to prioritise leads/projects effectively
- Excellent phone and written communication skills and good understanding of diplomatic language. A second language is an advantage but not essential
- Show ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects to tight deadlines
- Proactive attitude with proven experience in sales, business development, or membership roles, in or with public and private financial institutions is desirable
- Sound commercial understanding and proficiency with senior-level client interaction
- Operate standard Microsoft Office systems and CRM software (Salesforce)
- Educated to degree level, ideally in a relevant subject.
Closing Date: 29 October 2018
Applicants who meet the application criteria and have the right to live and work in the UK are invited to send their CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with 'Application for Business Development Manager’ in the subject line. Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
OMFIF strictly adheres to the Equality Act (2010) and provides equal opportunities to applicants and employees from all demographic backgrounds.
By applying for this role, you agree to OMFIF retaining your CV/Cover Letter for six months, until our recruitment and onboarding process is complete.