We are looking for an experienced editor to lead NRi Digital’s B2B magazines covering the consumer sector.
Reporting to the publisher, you will be responsible for our three digital titles covering food, drinks and packaging, working with a team of feature writers and trainee reporters. Responsibilities include content planning, sub-editing, image research, seeing each issue through the production process, liaising with our advertising and design teams, and managing marketing and social media activities for the publications.
You will also mentor trainee journalists in their writing assignments and lead weekly meetings with the sector team to set out an editorial strategy and maintain a high quality of content.
This is an excellent opportunity for a B2B or technology journalist with feature writing and editing experience looking to take the next step in their career. The ideal candidate will have experience in business publishing and online media, an interest in the consumer sector, and the drive to take ownership of these magazines and lead their future development.
You should have a sense for spotting industry trends and finding stories appropriate for our audience, a knack for writing stand-out cover lines and headings, and a sense for presenting in-depth business information in a visually appealing and accessible way.
Management experience is not essential but an outgoing manner and excellent communication skills are a must as you will lead a team and act as the main point of contact between the editorial, design and commercial departments.
• Demonstrable experience of writing and editing, preferably for a B2B audience
• Experience or working with online media
• Sub-editing and proofreading experience
• An eye for detail and the ability to produce impeccable copy
What we expect from the sector editor
• A keen interest in the consumer sector
• The ability to identify business and technology trends and the right kind of angle for our audience
• Initiative and enthusiasm in taking ownership of the sector and leading the future development of the magazines
• The ability to write stand-out copy, from cover lines and headings to attention-grabbing tweets
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate and mentor a team
• Excellent communication and organisation skills