Date Added: 9 September 2018
: 31 October 2018
Job Title: Public Affairs Account Manager
Working For: Social Communications
Social Communications is a full service public affairs, PR and design agency. We specialise in political, community and stakeholder engagement on planning applications and masterplanning projects – and we have extensive experience of housing, retail, mixed-use, infrastructure and energy projects.
We currently provide community and stakeholder engagement support across the UK for clients including Lidl, Bradford Council, Vital Energi, Extra MSA Group, Places for People and Story Homes.
We are looking for a Public Affairs Account Manager to join us in our Leeds office. With at least two years’ experience in Public Affairs / Communications, you will either be an established Senior Account Executive looking to take the next step in their career, or an Account Manager with an interest in further growing their skills.
Duties would include:
- Researching local and national politics for individual projects
- Monitoring of national, regional, local, online and trade media, as well as political news sources
- Helping to organise, publicise and staff consultation events
- Supporting the team by managing databases and correspondence
- General support on active projects.
- Very strong written and oral communication skills – you should have excellent written English with close attention to detail
- The ability to work efficiently and to tight deadlines
- Computer literacy and familiarity with internet-based research. You should be proficient with Microsoft Office
- An interest in politics, local government, planning law, regeneration and/or development
- At least two years’ experience in Public Affairs / Stakeholder Engagement / Communications.
The working pattern would be Monday – Friday, 09:00 – 17:00 with one hour for lunch.
Social Communications is an equal opportunities employer. Our office is based next to Leeds Railway Station.
Closing Date: 31 October 2018
Interviews to be held in central Leeds. Appointment may be made before the closing date.
Please send a covering letter and a CV of no more than two pages to firstname.lastname@example.org.